Saturday, February 20, 2010

In Memory of Jeff. Chapter 1: Meeting Jeff.

I met Jeff in November of 2006. He was beginning his rotations through our hospital as an X-ray student through Chaffey College. He was this tall 6'2 guy with long hair down to his lower back (which was in a pony tail.) and Bluto-like beard & mustache. In the 2004 season of American Idol there was a contestant on that show named Bo Bice, another tall long haired bearded man. Jeff struck me as a Bo Bice look-alike. Soon after I gave him the nickname Bo Bice, which he hated. Other people had made that reference to him that same year. I do remember him saying that people had confused him with that AI contestant as well.

Because I didn't know Jeff, he struck me as someone who sure talked a lot. In those early days of knowing Jeff, his talking was, well annoying at first. Jeff not only wanted to know X-ray principles, he wanted to know them well. He was determined to be the best at his new career.

At this point, Jeff and his students were only scheduled once a week and they were only supposed to observe until they returned from Christmas break, which would be January 2007. I did learn that Jeff and I both were both Kaiser babies, born at Kaiser Fontana, 10 years apart.

No comments: