Sunday, February 8, 2009

I Am Totally Obsessing Over This Beer!

So there's a guy at work who's starting up his own home brewing system. We've been talking about certain types of beers and how they're brewed.

Now I've tried beer made by the Kona Brewing Co called "Longboard". And yes the impressive surf style packaging is what attracted me to this wonderful lager beer. But the last time I was at La Bodega, I noticed this limited edition called "Pipeline Porter". It's made with 100% kona coffee. It is the most unique flavor I've ever tried.

You'd think that with coffee it would be a very bitter, nasty tasting beer. But it's not. In fact it's got a slightly sweet, almost hint of chocolate aftertaste. Very nice. Only problem is that Kona only makes this beer during a certain time of year. It's their fall season beer. Kona Brewing also makes a Spring, Summer, and Winter limited edition beer too.

My buddy from work picked up the last 6 pack at a store near his house so I was recently able to get some more. But I'm trying to make this last as long as possible. Really worth looking for next fall '09.

No comments: